WELCOME TO FEAT NEWS

News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration

Sunday, February 28, 2016

1,000 PETER OBI's CANNOT STOP ME - CHIEF VICTOR UMEH



The candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the March 5, re-run poll in the Anambra Central senatorial district election,
Chief Victor Umeh has asserted that even if 1,000 agents of the former governor of the state, Mr. Peter Obi are plotting to stop him in the election, they would not be able to stop him.
Umeh was reacting yesterday at Ichida in Anaocha Local Government Area of the state after a campaign tour of the area to a rumour that Obi and his cohorts were sponsoring serial court matters to stop the March 5 election, and to deal with him.
He said it was all balderdash, and that such sinister plans would crumble because according to him “those are not the plans of God and the people of my constituency.
“Since 2012 Obi has been plotting my downfall. But God has been thwarting his evil plans against me because God knew the many battles I had fought to sustain him in office. I don’t bear any grudges against him, but he has continued to fight me, covertly and overtly.
“But as for the March 5 rerun, Obi and his cohorts cannot stop me because God is with me and my people are behind me. You can see, even in Agulu, his home town, the people, including the traditional ruler, Igwe Innocent Obodoako, came out en masse to welcome me. They said ‘we don’t know any other person except you’. They said my performance at the 2014 national conference stood me out. So, 1,000 Obis and his group cannot stop me”, Umeh said.
He described the people’s support for him in the race as overwhelming, adding that he would represent the people of his constituency qualitatively if elected into the senate.

Umeh’s APGA is contesting the Anambra senatorial rerun poll with candidates of 12 other political parties, except the PDP which had been barred by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from participating in the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox